"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together" - Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lets talk about the C word!

Photobucket



 So I’ve decided to blog about this topic. Not too many people talk about this issue, but it’s important to me. So I’ve been celibate for about 8 months. Im not afraid to say that I have been because this was important life choice that I made for myself. I think now a days everything seems to be about sex. I thought it would be hard, but it’s actually much easier than I thought it would be. Of course I don’t want to be celibate forever, but just until after marriage. I was in a relationship for 3 years and he ended up breaking up with me. I had in my mind for so long he was the last person I would be with intimately. I was sure we were gonna get married. But it didn’t turn out the way. When we broke up I just felt like he took so much away from me. I think women need to realize that when you have sex with a person, you are giving them a part of you, a special part. And when I found out he had given himself to someone it hurt. I just believe if you wait, then if the relationship doesn’t work out right you won’t feel like they took something from you. It will cause you less pain. I believe a man will respect you more. I think you’ll get more of the relationship. At the end of the day sex should not be an important factor in a relationship. Eventually once you marry then it will, but until then you should definitely wait. I wish I had waited. I definitely didn’t think I would end up having this regret, but after how badly my last relationship ended, I realized it was something I had to do for myself.  I think now I have a better feeling of self-worth and empowerment. This is only my personal opinion and based completely on my experience. And I would love to hear other peoples opinion on the topic.

9 comments:

  1. Girl. I am celibate as well. Been that way since, 7 Month. It was tough, because I was going back to my Ex, after he had broke up with me. After us being together for 1 year & 3 Months. I didn't want to start off having sex with someone else. I also didn't want to start over meeting someone all over again. But then pain went along with those booty call sessions. So I had to end that situation. I no longer call my Ex or anything. I wish you the best on this journey you and I are experiencing. It's good to know I am not the only one out there. If you ever want to talk I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it very brave of you for writing this and sharing this.. it made me thinking.
    Thanks for sharing. You gave me a little bit of courage to write or talk about this with others..

    xx
    Meda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting post, i dont necessarily agree with every thing you said but i definitly respect it :) I really like your blog. Food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really respect you for that, and I completely agree with everything you said. Our society is so saturated with sex, there's no escaping it anywhere. I think it's so sad that even kids now are experimenting at such a young age.

    I'm also not ashamed to say that I'm a 25 year old virgin, saving myself for whoever will be my husband someday. I don't care if I have to wait till I'm 50, I just can't imagine giving myself to someone I'm not bound to by marriage.

    Thank you for bringing this up, and for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome, and thanks for the comment♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this is so cool! Sex is the "it" thing these days and it is highly abused by society! I command anyone who vows to be celibate (although im not..lol)..but if i was single..i most def would be..ps..I just started my own blog so check it out if you get the chance and follow if you would like. Its more of an inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Think

♥♥♥Thanks 4 stopping by♥♥♥♥